Thursday, September 24, 2009

september 24, 2009

dusk


dear jen,
tonight, i am curled up on the couch looking through my photos from my adventures in new hampshire and i want to share this one with you. in this moment, as i drink tea and breathe in the scent of an autumn candle, i look at this photo and find my mind drifting to this:

i want to slip into the water
i want to take one step forward and find myself slipping in
i want to find a balance of movement and stillness
but instead i pause
and i look
and i take a breath
and wish my courage could quiet my thoughts

maybe, some day soon, maybe we can find our way to a pier and glass-like water and i will rest inside my courage and slip in. yes, let's plan to do this. until then though, until then, when i need to, i will look at this photo and allow myself to imagine a balance of movement and stillness. and i will whisper reminders to myself about how my courage is greater and more beautiful than i ever imagined.

thank you for reminding me to be me...

blessings,
liz

1 comment: